28 January 2022
ADA launches initiative to provide standards to dental schools for free in April 2006
Original ADA Article
- Dental school faculty and students have access to national and international dental standards and technical reports for free as part of a new program.
- The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) offers access to international dental standards through the University Outreach Program. The American Dental Association (ADA) partners with ANSI to provide access to selected national dental standards and all technical reports.
- The ADA aims to enhance dental students’ understanding of the significance and practical implications of ADA standards in their future dental careers. An awareness campaign will encourage participation from all dental schools.
- The initiative seeks to address the historical lack of emphasis on standards in dental education. It allows faculty to use expert-prepared documents and helps students appreciate the ADA’s work.
- The ADA is accredited by ANSI to develop American National Standards and technical reports, influencing both national and international dental standards.
- ADA standards ensure safety and effectiveness of dental products, benefiting clinicians and patients and offering insights into emerging technologies.
- Over 140 national and 180 international dental standards exist, with ongoing development for more.
Cached PDF version.